The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Champaign, IL
Volition is looking for a Senior Environment Artist to help us build the world for the next Saints Row title! You will work with a tight, collaborative team of artists and designers to create environments that are both beautiful and fun to play in. You will be making major contributions to our world using our unique approach to world building with our proprietary world editor.
- Create environments from initial rough layout to completed polished spaces
- Build urban, interior, and natural spaces using our in-house world editor
- Author game ready assets that work well within given technical limitations
- Collaborate closely with designers to create spaces that support and enhance the player experience
- Focus on the “big picture.” Understand when details matter, and when broad strokes are more important
- 5+ years of experience in game development creating environments
- Strong communication skills. Must be able to be a master collaborator
- Ability to work with a library of assets to build visually interesting, dynamic gameplay spaces
- Strong understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to scene composition
- A keen eye for developing a visual mood as it relates to storytelling
- Comfortable working within technical limitations such as vertex and object counts, materials (draw calls), streaming conditions, etc.
- Fluent knowledge of at least one major 3d package (3dsmax preferred)
- Experience building environments in a game engine (Unreal4, Unity)
- Well-versed in PBR workflow
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing, environmental development and/or architectural illustration
- Familiarity with procedural content authoring tools (Substance Designer, World Machine, Houdini)
- Basic Level Design Knowledge
Sample Work Required:
- Portfolio should demonstrate ability to build fully realized environments. Fully fleshed out spaces are more helpful than examples of individual assets.
At Deep Silver Volition we believe in fostering an open, collaborative and diverse environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or military status.
Interested? Apply now.
Whether you’re just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what’s out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra’s Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.